RPAS Pilot License (RPL)
We looked at what was available and streamlined the process so that students could get comfortable and learn to fly quicker and safer than any of our competitors can teach you.
One of the main reasons for our success is that we offer flight training more frequently and we are located centrally with training facilities in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Nelspruit.
Included in the RPL course
Familiarisation of Multi-rotor
Theoretical Drone Education
Presentation of SACAA accredited RPL
Class 4 Aviation Medical Certificate
Restricted Radio Telephony Licence
English Proficiency level 4 or Higher Certification
Experienced Course Lecturers
3 Training Locations
SACAA Accredited Course
Course curriculum – theory
- Human Factors
- Air Law (RPAS CATS & CARS) – Part 101
- Principles of Flight
- Navigation & Flight Planning
- Operational Procedures
- Radio Telephony
- RPAS General
- Field Ops Preparation
Course curriculum – practical
- Professional flight instructors provide one on one training sessions.
- A recommended 7 sessions will be made available to students (thereafter, instruction is charged per hour.)
- Students can request training sessions according to their availability.
- All Training is in accordance with the recommendations set out by the SACAA Part 101.
Final phase – Sign Out
Your last practical training day is spent covering various flight manoeuvres that you could be tested on as well as anything else that could be included in the sign out. Once students are ready, a letter of recommendation from the Practical Flight Instructor will be prepared.
The final phase of testing is called the Sign Out. This is done on a different day with a SACAA registered Designated Flight Examiner (DFE). The exam itself covers an array of skills besides the flight exam and we prepare students for this prior to the sign out.
Book your RPAS Pilot License (RPL) course with us today.
Learn to fly quicker and safer than any of our competitors can teach you.