We understand the main purpose of your career – to progress as you acquire new skills and abilities. We strive to ensure that you are always in the right role, doing the right work, in the right place and at the right time. We will help ensure you work with purpose as you help us with the purpose of our work.
All applications to be sent to June Botha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible Person Flight Aircraft (RPFA)
Position reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The RPA shall, as a minimum –
Have or have held an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) licence, issued in terms of Part 66, or –
- at least have training and experience that may qualify the individual to obtain an AME licence;
- hold or have held a pilot licence and ratings appropriate to the aeroplanes being operated or demonstrate adequate knowledge of the maintenance of such aeroplanes; or
- hold an engineering degree in aeronautics, electrical, mechanical or avionics or other studies relevant to aircraft maintenance with 5 years’ experience in the aviation domain after obtaining that qualification;
Have at least two years’ experience in an executive position within aviation, or at least as a Quality Manager within the aviation domain;
Have worked directly with the SACAA for at least one year and have not been the Quality Manager of the assigned maintenance organisation; and
Within the preceding 5 years, have not held a similar position at any different aviation-related organisation where the approval issued by the Director has been suspended or cancelled by the Director or the Minister as a result of the organisation failing to comply with the requirements of the Act or the Regulations.
Have extensive knowledge on the UH-1H Helicopters, Air Tractor series aircraft and/or similar types of aircraft.
- The RPA is responsible for safe aeroplane operations, in particular –
- is responsible for all maintenance and inspection personnel and signing of Part D of the operations specifications;
- ensures that company aircraft are maintained in an airworthy condition;
- ensures that all inspections, repairs and component changes are accomplished in accordance with manufacturer’s approved procedures;
- ensures compliance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and the regulations;
- ensures all maintenance technicians are trained and current on the types of aircraft for which approved;
- ensures that all maintenance technicians are certified and supervised according to the requirements specified in the regulations;
- the production and amendment of the policy and procedures manual or maintenance control manual, as appropriate;
- co-ordinates with maintenance contracting agencies when maintenance activities are being performed on company aircraft;
- provides the operations manager with the current airworthiness status of the aircraft and the forecast down times to facilitate maintenance scheduling and insure timely deferral or correction of aircraft discrepancies;
- maintains a close liaison with manufacturer’s representatives, parts supply houses, repair facilities and the SACAA;
- makes available to maintenance personnel the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, applicable sections of the MCM/MPM and any other required technical data;
- maintains all necessary work records and logbooks, including certification in the aircraft permanent maintenance records that the aircraft is approved for return to service;
- maintains the mass and balance records for all aircraft; and
- completes all required reports and submits them to the operations manager for forwarding to the SACAA.
ATTRIBUTES OF AN EFFECTIVE RPA
- People orientated person that can communicate efficiently;
- Is self-motivated;
- Task orientated;
- Take own initiative;
- Solution Orientated,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Possess excellent Communication skills,
- IT Literate, Experience with maintenance tracking programs, Air Maestro Knowledge beneficial;
Appointment will be subject to a compulsory 3 (three) month probationary period with the possibility of becoming a permanent position if the candidate meet the requirements and expectations. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Kishugu Aviation Group reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Remuneration: Market Related
Start date: 01 March 2020
Duration: 3-month probation, thereafter permanent should the candidate meet the requirements and expectations.
In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.
Flight Operations Controllers (3)
Kishugu® Aviation is a Nelspruit based company specialising in aircraft management, charter, flight support, aerial firefighting and aerial work services. We are looking for individuals to join our highly efficient and dynamic team in the Operations Control Centre.
Position reports to General Manager Flight Operations / Responsible Person Flight Operations.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12/Matric or equivalent)
- English: read, write and speak fluently;
- South African Private Pilots License working towards Commercial Pilots License;
- Computer Literate;
- Good Administrative and Communicative Skills;
- South African Citizen with South African Passport;
- Flight Followers Course;
- FOO Course Completed (Flight Operations Officer);
Key Performance Areas
- Crew placement Management and pre-season planning;
- Crew Training planning and execution of recency;
- Generating and administrating flight related documentation;
- Briefing crew on all flight-related details;
- Aircraft equipment logistics planning and placement;
- Flight Planning and Following;
- Pre-Season Base Set-Up Planning and Execution;
- Crew Rostering / FDP watch;
- Base Checks, Internal Document QC;
Sound understanding of the Aviation Industry together with Positive attitude, well presentable, well-spoken, dynamic and have a passion to develop an Operations Centre. Professional conduct with regards to aviation operational documentation. Willing to work overtime as and when required. Result driven individual willing to grow his/her career within the aviation industry towards their flying qualification within the organisation.
Appointment will be subject to a compulsory 3 (three) month probationary period with the promise of becoming a permanent position. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Kishugu Aviation Group reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Student & hour building pilots will be considered for this position, but the company’s operational requirements will take priority over flying.
Remuneration: Market Related
Duration: 3-month probation / permanent
In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our workforce profile.