We understand the main purpose of your career – to progress as you acquire new skills and abilities. We strive to ensure that you are always in the right role, doing the right work, in the right place and at the right time. We will help ensure you work with purpose as you help us with the purpose of our work.
All applications to be sent to June Botha at email@example.com.
AVIATION SAFETY & SECURITY MANAGER
Position reports to: CEO: Kishugu Aviation
- Senior Certificate;
- Aviation Safety Manager Course or Equivalent Qualification;
- Aviation Security Course or Equivalent Qualification;
- SA CATS & CARS Course and ICAO Annexes;
- Incident and Accident Investigation Course
- Extensive Aviation Safety and Security experience.
- 3 Years’ experience in the Aviation industry fulfilling the role as an Aviation Safety and Security Manager;
- Proven exposure to Safety and Quality Assurance
- General Management, budgeting, HR and Project Management
Key Performance Areas:
The Aviation Safety and Security Manager is responsible for the operator’s SMS and Security and in particular:
- The position requires the ability to cope with changing circumstances and situations with little supervision. The safety and security manager act independently of other managers within the organization;
- The Safety and Security Manager is responsible for providing information and advice to senior management and to the Accountable Executive on matters relating to safety operations. Tact, diplomacy and high degree of integrity are prerequisites;
- The Safety and Security Manager must interact with operational personnel, senior managers and departmental heads throughout the organisation. The Safety and Security Manager should also foster positive relationships with regulatory authorities, agencies and service providers outside the organization;
- The establishment and maintenance of a reporting system to ensure the timely collection of information related to potential hazards, incidents and accidents that may adversely affect safety;
- The identification of latent hazards and carry out risk management analyses of those hazards;
- The investigation, analysis and identification of the root cause of all hazards or the contributing factors of incidents and accidents identified under the SMS to ensure the operator has adequate mitigation in place;
- The establishment and maintenance of a safety data system, either by electronic or by other means, to monitor and analyse trends in hazards, incidents and accidents;
- The maintenance of a continuous monitoring system that evaluates the results of corrective actions with respect to hazards, incidents and accidents;
- The monitoring of the concerns of the civil aviation industry in respect of safety and their perceived effect on the operator;
- The co-ordination of the organisation’s aviation safety programme and all related safety matters;
– Co-operation with the training section with regard to safety training of flight, cabin and ground crews, as applicable;
- The supervision of aircraft handling regarding matters related to safety in co-operation with ground support services;
- The investigation of all incidents and accidents involving the organisation’s aircraft, equipment and property, including fire and emergency procedures, not undertaken in accordance with Part 12;
- The actioning and distribution of accident, incident and other occurrence reports;
- The co-ordination with security personnel to ensure all aspects of security regarding the organisation’s aircraft;
- The development and maintenance of a mandatory occurrence reporting scheme;
- The establishment of an emergency plan in the event of an accident, which includes the actions to be followed by relevant personnel;
- In concert with the person responsible for quality, the maintenance of a quality assurance programme within the organisation; and
- The realisation of other duties which include:
- promulgation of flight safety bulletins to all staff within the organisation;
- conducting meetings with all relevant personnel regarding safety matters;
- maintenance of safety equipment;
- safety audits
- occupational health and safety.
- Broad operational knowledge and experience in the functions of the organizations (e.g. training management, aircraft operations, air traffic management, aerodrome operations and maintenance organizations management);
- Sound knowledge of safety management principles and practices;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Good analytical skills;
- Leadership skills and an authoritative approach;
- Worthy of respect from peers and management;
- Excellent IT literacy, SMS systems, Google etc.
In extraordinary circumstances, the candidate must be able to travel at short notice. Three-month probation, thereafter permanent should the candidate meet the requirements and expectations.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Kishugu Aviation Group reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Start Date: 01 May 2020
In line with the EEA, preference will be given to those applicants whose appointment will address the demographic imbalances in our work force profile.